Season 2 Episode 29
Handball is a common-sense thing, right? Well...maybe not so, as we discuss in this episode.
Handball is a common-sense thing.
- If a player gets hit on the hand from a close distance: no handball. Fair.
- If a player moves their arm towards the ball to block it: handball. Sensible.
- If a player uses their arm or hand to score: handball. Pretty straightforward.
- If a player uses their shoulder: no handball.
Right? Well, historically, the handball laws have been unclear, so today we want to discuss the issue and if there’s anyway to make it better.
- Deliberate - doing something internationally; on purpose
”It was a deliberate handball.”
- Dubious - feeling doubt or not feeling certain:
”That was a dubious decision by the referee.”
- Interpretation - an explanation or opinion of what something means
”The handball is open to interpretation by referees”
The Armpit Rule
Maybe you missed these episodes?
© 2023 Football & English